NCTO Elects South Carolina Fiber Manufacturing CEO as 2017 Chairman
WASHINGTON, DC – The National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO) held its 14th Annual Meeting March 21-23 in Washington, DC. Elected as NCTO officers for 2017 are:
- Chairman – William “Bill” V. McCrary Jr.
o Mr. McCrary is Chairman and CEO of William Barnet and Son LLC, a synthetic fiber/yarn/polymer firm headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina with plants and/or offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
o Mr. McCrary also served as 2016 NCTO Vice Chairman
- Vice Chairman – Marty Moran
o Mr. Moran is CEO of Buhler Quality Yarns Corp., a leading fine-count yarn supplier with a manufacturing plant and its U.S. headquarters in Jefferson, Georgia.
NCTO is a Washington, DC-based trade association that represents domestic textile manufacturers.
- U.S. employment in the textile supply chain was 565,000 in 2016.
- The value of shipments for U.S. textiles and apparel was $74.4 billion last year, a nearly 11% increase since 2009.
- U.S. exports of fiber, textiles and apparel were $26.3 billion in 2016.
- Capital expenditures for textile and apparel production totaled $2 billion in 2015, the last year for which data is available.
CONTACT: Lloyd Wood
# # #