COVID-19 Response Resources & Information
Below is the latest guidance from various government agencies including the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Note that NCTO has no additional information than what is provided by the government through the websites listed below. Further, due to the overwhelming demand for information and NCTO’s limited staff capacity, NCTO will not be able to respond to any follow-up inquires you may have in this matter.
Resources for procuring medical supplies and PPE
In addition to the resources provided below, hospitals or healthcare providers in need of medical supplies, are encouraged to contact their state, local, tribal or territory department of public health and/or emergency management agency.
- NCTO has compiled production information for textile-related finished goods and inputs to develop an extensive directory of manufacturers and suppliers of products and materials needed to combat the current COVID-19 pandemic. To learn more about this initiative and access this directory, please use the following link: COVID-19 Response Textile-Related Supply & PPE Database
- COVID-19.ManufacturersMarketplace.US | Use this tool to search for your specific needs to get a list of suppliers who can provide what you need. Only the items listed on the FEMA and CDC websites are listed in the tool. Please note that suppliers are being added daily and if you do not find exactly what you are looking for, please let us know so we can make sure we help you get what you need. Also, it may be helpful to try your search again on another day.
- Allies Against COVID-19 | A directory of domestic nonwoven PPE product and input producers by the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry.
Resources & Support for PPE Conversion for All Manufacturers
NCTO and Gerber Technology are collaborating on the PPE initiative, combining NCTO’s access to the domestic textile industry with Gerber’s vast install base and resources for apparel and PPE manufacturing in the US.
- Resources to support the conversion to PPE production are available for all manufacturers interested. Please go to the following site for a collection of free blueprints for mask design, gowns and other PPE products, as we well as useful Q&A and support: Gerber PPE Task Force Resources
To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government
*Please note that many of these sites contain notices of recent updates. Please be sure to pay close attention for such notices and click where prompted to find the most up-to-date information.
To donate medical supplies or equipment to FEMA
If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, use this link: https://www.fema.gov/covid19offers
To offer non-medical goods and/or services to FEMA
If you are interested in doing business with FEMA and supporting the response to COVID-19 with your company’s non-medical goods and/or services, submit your inquiry to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Procurement Action Innovative Response Team (PAIR) team at DHSIndustryLiaison@hq.dhs.gov.
CDC product specifications
Anyone proposing to sell Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to the federal government should follow the guidance listed above.
Textile Industry PPE Response Blog Coverage
Access coverage on industry efforts to respond to the COVID-19 PPE shortage at NCTO blog: Textiles in the News
U.S. Chamber State by State Guidelines
Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI)
- COVID Courage | Putting PPE in the hands of NYC’s frontline. Contact to make tax deductible donations of PPE to NYC health facilities.
The COVID Network by Helena
- Suppliers can access an interactive tool to respond directly to healthcare facilities’ requests for aid: The COVID Network
Department of Defense
Department of Labor
NC State Wilson School of Textiles
Small Business Administration | Coronavirus Relief Programs
U.S. Treasury Department | Coronavirus Relief Efforts
Last updated May 12, 2020